Saturday, August 14, 2010

week 1: what a dapper bunch.


hey there cronie
Words that come to mind...
Pipes. turbans. blue rinses.trolleys and walkers embellished with rhinestones and glitter.
When you think of the elderly Im sure the words "In my day" warbled by an old senile woman with a hunchback wearing orthopedic shoes and smelling like mould come to mind. However when I think about those in their golden years, i think of tea parties, lawn bowls and bingo with all company decked out in their septugenarian splendour.

It used to be hip to be young with the latest fashions collected from expensive brands, but now the old is new. Seasoned wears are the new thing and raiding grandmas closet is no shame, so go have a geeze if you dont mind mothballs and cobwebs.The way I see it is that all styles came from somewhere and the old are the key to it all, they have still got it.

Mayaan Zilberman has best encompassed what it is to be septugenarian chic with her website Advanced Style which is like the Satorialist for the older generation.I glorify the old. I indulge in bingo every wednesday 7.30 sharp , and although I dont love all the old folk I love a fair amount of them.

I just pray that if I get to be old and gnarly , even if my eyes are gone and i need a wheelchair that my fashion is fierce.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow.